fall plumbing tips
- Disconnect outside water hoses – If freezing weather hits, the hoses may freeze and cause the pipes inside the house to break.
- Make sure all hoses are leak free – A tiny crack can release up to 200 gallons a day of water. Freezing temperatures will make cracks worse because water expands when frozen.
- Cover outside faucets with insulation – This will help prevent damage
- Insulate areas that may be exposed to cold weather – This includes the attic, basement, or garage. Use a insulating tape or thermo tape to limit damage.
- Clear out your water heater – Your water heater is working on overtime during the winter months. Now is the best time to replace an old one with a more energy efficient model.
← How to fix a leaking pipe High tech faucets →